7.09.2010

Greater Things...

We made it! 
After the long bus ride here, we have settled in our room and made sure we put more rice and beans into our stomachs before we go to bed.  Tomorrow we will rise and shine very early and get on the bus and head for the airport! After we land in S.P. we have nine hours to sit and enjoy each others company.  

*to Mrs. Mickie, Marcello did get the jersey and I believe we have a picture too! Mrs Pat knows more of the details!
The team was trying their best to finish the medical building beside the church before we left today at noon.  It was tough work but the men seemed to have it under control. 

We were able to go to houses and walk the streets today and evangelize.  It was another great experience.  Mother, David, a couple more Brazilians, and I were able to share the Gospel with five different families and two ladies accepted Christ today.  Many people are afraid to get out of their homes at night because of the danger that is rampant in their community.  We were able to experience a small taste of this while we were witnessing.  While talking to some Brazilian adults inside their home, my mother and I were told to leave and get inside a car. We were confused; but later our interpreter told us that the police were about to raid homes inside the neighborhood in which we were witnessing. It was a little scary, but God was protecting us.  
Leaving today was sad.  It is getting harder as I get to know the children and adults living here.  I am growing more and more attached to this community.  I know that God has placed a strong desire in my heart for the people of Brazil, especially Bruno.  I pray that I will be able to return next year if that is what God calls me to do.  We had such a great time this year!

Here are some pictures from today!
Pastor Phil and Gary hard at work-
She became a Christian today!
She prayed and accepted Jesus too!


My evangelism group- minus Rae Anne

Just a picture of how hard-working the Brazilian people truly are-
On the road again...

1 comment:

  1. Miriam, I can't tell you how much reading your posts has meant to me!! It's wonderful you've been able to go to Brazil and share your faith and love with the people. I've never had this experience but have been told once you do this, your life is changed forever--you'll never be the same. I know they love you as you have such a sweet and caring spirit. Looking forward to more pictures and talking with you soon.

    Love,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete