7.08.2010

Weds/Thurs...

Hi everyone!! 
So we continued our projects in the school.  Wednesday I did not have time to blog because I got sick with flu-like symptoms... I came back to the hotel to sleep for six hours during the afternoon.  That night, mother went with the group to the cascaria (my spelling might be off)... its a restaurant where they put cooked animals on a stick and serve them on your plate. (I might have exaggerated my dislike towards meat considering my anti-meat stance)-  They had a great time together.

Today, Thursday, I painted many many faces in the morning. It was a great experience to see the children's faces light up from something as simple as a heart or a Brazilian flag painted on their faces.  Mom continued to present the gospel in the glasses ministry.  Her Play-Dough plan of salvation technique has been well liked by the Brazilian people. 
Tonight, we had a service in the church that we are helping out.  They are such gracious people that truly love the Lord.  It is amazing to see what God is doing in this poor community.  Even though we can see positive changes, we also notice that Satan is still alive and well, seeking to destroy this small village.  
The people of Bruno will always have a place in my and my mother's heart.  I hope and pray I will be able to return next year. 

 

 




 


 


 


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment